Thursday, February 10, 2011

February Blues

I don't know why, but it seems that in February the snow suddenly stops shining so brightly. Rather than magic in the air all there is is coldness. And grass, oh sweet grass, seems like a strange, far-away dream. 
We must really try to be cheerful. I know it's hard to see, but if you look really hard you can see that there are some wonderful things left in the world. Here are a few of my favorite things about winter.


Snow.
No matter how much I miss the grass, or hate slipping on ice, I still love snow. Yes, I do wish it would go away, but I don't see that happening for a little while yet. I guess I should enjoy it while it's here.


Fuzzy socks.
My feet are warm = I am happy.


Good books.
It's a book. Need I say anything else? 


Hot tea.
Mmm. Nothing like a steaming cup of peppermint tea to warm the body and soothe the mind.

Well, that's all. So go drink a cup of tea, while reading a book, wearing fuzzy socks, and looking out the window at the snow.




4 comments:

  1. I second the sentiment on all sides, excepting the snow, simply because we now have four feet here in New England and frankly, it's getting a bit old. You also seem at no loss for beautiful words, which means my horrendous writer's block is not internetly contagious.

    Thanks for posting--this took some of the 'tired' out of my system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! I decided to start commenting instead of just looking all the time! Yes its been hard for me to cause down here all the snow finally melted last week and it got up to 59 degree's!! But then once again it turned back to cold and we have snow, and tomarrow another 5-8 inches. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia, (Or is it Kayla?)

    Yes! Exactly what we got here. a few days of beautiful grass and than more snow. :( Thankfully, we have grass again!! It's not that warm but it is wonderful to see GRASS!

    ReplyDelete