Monday, May 30, 2011

Around the house

Last week the strawberries were on sale at Walmart. What does this mean? Strawberry Jam. UmmmMmm. We tried a new recipe this year that used only honey and no sugar. The taste was slightly different, but I think it's worth the taste difference to not have all the sugar in the jam. Here are some pictures:

Strawberries!

We turned this into. . .
. . . this!


All sorts of green things are growing around the house. After weeks of rain we finally got our garden in! Tomatoes, potatoes, corn, zucchini, bell peppers, cucumbers, and maybe more that I can't remember. :-) Not to mention all the beautiful flowers we're getting.

Roses.

  
Irises.
Baby peaches!

Raspberry blossoms.

I'm not sure what these are, but I like them. :-)



I hope you all had a wonderful Labor day!!

Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.


God bless,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I love those purple flowers, too. We had them in our back yard when I was a girl. I think they are a variety of phlox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. The strawberries look yummy. We're just now getting some spring weather in the Rockies, so looking at your flowers makes me a little jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    Love your pictures. The purple flowers are wild phlox. One of my favorites of late spring!

    Amy Bachmeier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys. Now I know what to call those flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is luckier in terms of flower production than ours. We have a few roses in our front yard and some potatoes in the back. Not much else.

    Has Sunday found a home yet? If not, can we see some pictures of her or Christmas? I'd love to see how your animal house residents are doing. :)

    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  6. -Meri

    We had potatoes planted too, but ours rotted. :-(

    Daddy said we can keep Sunday! :-) I'll try to put a picture of Sunday and Christmas up with my next post.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete