Monday, April 11, 2011

Contentment


Currently I'm reading a wonderful book called Joyfully At Home. When I was reading last night this quote struck me:







"What do you do on these days when laziness, or selfishness, or depression strikes?


Turn your face outward and upward.


When we do anything with 'me' as the primary focus, we are bound to become frustrated. When we realize that we ..... [are at].... a place that is going to challenge and shape us into women we've been called to be, we realize that sometimes contentment is a battle! But when we fight it with dogged humility, when we fight with Christ as our focus, when we battle with him as our strength, we- or rather, he- will be victorious.


I don't know about you, but when I'm losing the battle, usually, my focus is on myself, not on the Lord."

I've been thinking a lot about contentment recently. And that last sentence seems to sum it all up. I hope this will bless you in your search for contentment.


Bible Verse: Numbers 11:4, 31-33


4 The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, “If only we had meat to eat!....31 Now a wind went out from the LORD and drove quail in from the sea. It scattered them up to two cubits deep all around the camp, as far as a day’s walk in any direction. 32 All that day and night and all the next day the people went out and gathered quail. No one gathered less than ten homers. Then they spread them out all around the camp. 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth and before it could be consumed, the anger of the LORD burned against the people, and he struck them with a severe plague. 

Blessings,
Sarah


P.S. Is anyone else super excited to see all this green growing stuff outside? Because I am. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is encouraging. Thanks, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about all the green stuff that's coming up outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading this book also, Sarah! I'm so enjoying it! This weekend is our WA state homeschool conference, where we get to hear the Botkins-- that is going to be a wonderful time of fellowship and inspiration, I know! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I love the Botkins. They are so inspiring! We went to the Cincinnati homeschool convention 2-3 weeks ago. It was very fun, and I got to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete